Tuesday, February 14, 2012

1895 Monarch Catalog

In my quest to discover who made the mystery frame that I wrote about in December,  another collector suggested that the frame might be a Monarch. So I located an 1895 Monarch catalog. I have scanned the catalog and added it to the catalog archive.

It seems like my frame may be a model # 9


My frame has a skinny top tube, 3/4" OD, and a normal downtube, 1" OD. It also has a built-in lower head cup. The Model # 9 in the catalog looks like it has a skinny top tube and built-in lower head cup. The other models appear to have normal 1" top tubes and remove-able lower head cups. It is difficult to tell for sure from the catalog pictures and details. So to confirm that it is a 1895 Monarch Model # 9, I need to find someone that has one.

No comments:

Post a Comment